My sister just posted this blog post below.
"Is being an airhead genetic?
My sister and her little girl were visiting my mom in Utah for the weekend. They had a fun girls weekend and were getting ready to fly home. Hailey wakes her 4 year old little girl up at 4:30 a.m. to head to the airport for a flight that left at 7:00. My mom drops her off at the airport and heads back to Ogden. Hailey attemps to check in at the kiosk and it won't let her check in. She heads up to the counter claiming their machine isn't working and needs to check in for her flight. The nice lady quickly informs her that her flight is at 7:00 p.m. not a.m. She tried to call my mom, but apparently my mom didn't hear her phone ringing, so she called me. I was running a bit behind with the boys that morning and was trying to get shoes tied so that Wilson wasn't late for preschool. I saw that it was Hailey so I answered the phone. She tells me this story. I find it quite humorous and I begin to give her crap, like I always do, about not double checking things. You see, my sister and my dad have missed or nearly missed multiple flights, missed cruises, they have returned rental cars to the wrong companies, etc... So, I'm always the one who is lecturing them for not paying attention. I'll admit, I am just as airheaded as hailey is, but I really try to overcompensate for that by making lots of lists and rechecking things.
So... as I laugh, mock and lecture about being an airhead, I get in the car, make sure the boys are buckled up and head of to drive Wilson to preschool. As I pull out of the neighborhood, my phone dies. I'm wondering what is wrong with my crappy phone, when I realize that it was my home phone, not my cell phone. Awesome! The sad thing is... that is the second time I've done that. Hailey and I obviously have the gene, I'm going to cross my fingers that Izzy doesn't!"
Now I 100% blame my mom for this "airhead Gene" since, after all, she was the one who called the police saying her suburban was stolen and after 5 hours of searching the police found the suburban PARKED IN OUR GARAGE!!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I seriously love you guys.
You left one part out...
When you and your mom went the wrong way home from Vegas and ended up in California instead of Provo.
You guys are the best!
and sadly, I just dropped Berlin off to gymnastics in her swimsuit for "swimsuit day" which is next week. I need to up the Ginko Boloba
oh man. that blows.
Classic moments! Is that seriously true that you went to CA when you were trying to get to UT? Love it.
NO, it is not true that we headed toward CA. . . . . where does Hailey get these crazy stories??? :):) (I remember a short turn-around problem) :) And, as I said before, the gene does NOT come from me! That suburban story was just a little temporary problem. :)
You guys crack me up....I needed a good laugh this morning! We all have those moments, they just seem to happen more often to the "Harper" girls! :) Love ya!
Post a Comment