
So, yesterday is over, finally!! Poor Jamison was as good as could be expected. We were up at 4:30 and to the hospital at 5:30 for a 7:30 surgery. He was super crabs to say the least. I hate the "no food, no drink after midnight" thing. The procedure went well and now he has two shiny silver crowns to show for it. Poor guy! At least they are not permanent.
One of the local radio stations was hosting a "36 hour kids radiothon" yesterday. They raise a bunch of money every year to help support The Children's Hospital. So, of course, I had to donate. Steve's response was"didn't we just donate, like $600". I love donating to good causes. I am the sucker for all the kids that come to the door selling this or that.. I just can't turn them down. And, what a better cause then helping the hospital that was so good to my little boy. I figure that after the spout of bad luck I have had (i.e. basement flooding, car wrecks, speeding tickets, other car issues, etc.) It is time for some good "karma" to come my way!!
I came to a couple of realizations yesterday...
1. I am soo glad for healthy kids. Sure, they have crappy teeth, but no cancer, heart problems, diseases, etc. It broke my heart to see all the kids in the hospital yesterday for different problems, and I felt glad that I have the problems that I have.
2. I am not the only parent with kids that have crappy teeth. At the children's hospital, there are 4 surgical rooms just for dentistry and about 15 surgeries booked every day!! Who would have known?? Could I have done things differently as a parent? Sure! But, there are a lot of things to take in to account (genetics, etc.)
3. My family is going on a strict "wholesome" diet. That means, reading the labels on everything. I didn't think I really fed my kids that bad. They have an occasional treat, or in the summer a popsicle, but not out of the norm. After discussing Jamison's teeth with my awesome "Perfect Boulder Parent" I realized that sooo many things I have been feeding my kids have High Fructose Corn Syrup in them that could have caused some of the teeth problems.
4. I am so glad for health insurance albeit not perfect, but that at least we have health insurance.
5. I am going to miss Jamison tremendously, when he gets bigger. I had the privilege of rocking him for two hours with no sounds, cell phones, NOTHING! It was just our sweet special time together.
8 comments:
I now call him Lil Wugs, in honor of his Lil Wayne-esque new grill.
So glad it's all over and he's doing good. Isn't the childrens' hospital so sad? And I so love the special rocking time. So sweet!
I am so glad you are through that trauma! Take bad teeth over bad health any day! This comes from 13 crowns and 5 root canal mouth. I have bad teeth, but I am healthy and that is everything. You are blessed beyond measure, girl. Good 4 U on the blessed list - we can all use that everyday!! Love you!!
Glad everything went well. Sorry we got cut off yesterday. My phone totally died and I wasn't at home to call you back! Have a fun weekend with your mom and keep in touch!
I'm glad it all went well. I'm lovin the Steve's new camera. The pics are so great. You're kids eat totally healthy. My kids eat nothin but sugar cereal and candy. I'm the one who needs to change some eating habits. Thinking of the rocking is making me baby hungry.
So glad it went well and it's done!
YAY!!! For Jamison! Glad everything went well!!! And don't beat yourself up- I studied all this stuff for my degree and I swear that some of the kids that ate fairly healthily and brushed 2x a day, STILL had cavities, and the ones with the gunchy snotty noses and cottage cheese teeth had NO problems, (except a mouthful of 'perio' to enjoy later on in life)He looks happy and LOVE the rocking, snuggling time!! Since the kids have been sick, that's all we seem to be doing! LOVE IT!!! And I'm all for turning off the phones:)
How sweet! This brought tears to my eyes! You are sooo cute James. Love you!
Post a Comment